WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!
Our 316 stainless steel adhesive marine fasteners are easy to install & allow for pumps, tanks & any marine device to be mounted anywhere without screws or drilling holes.
- Each unit includes one (1) each: Monster Stud Adhesive Marine Fastener, flat washer, standard nut, and nylock nut.
- Specs: 2" x 2" x 3/16" thick base plates with #12 - 24 x 1.5" machine threaded studs.
- All components are 316 Stainless Steel.
Adhesives and additional hardware sold separately:
- For horizontal / flat surface mounting, we recommend using 3M 5200.
- For vertical mounts, a fast set epoxy should be used.
- We recommend J-B Weld MarineWeld.
WHOLESALE - BULK ORDERS
Available to marine hardware suppliers online and brick & mortar stores, marine industry professionals: boat & yacht builders, manufacturers, riggers-installers, service centers and techs.
Contact us for bulk order quantities & pricing at Monsterstuds1@gmail.com
Step by step written instructions are listed below.
Installation videos are posted below, throughout the pages of this website, and on all our social media pages:
Best multi tool blade for quickly removing gelcoat:
HOW TO INSTALL MONSTER STUDS
- Attach Monster Studs to your device using STANDARD NUTS and washers for VERTICAL MOUNTING, use NYLOCKS for HORIZONTAL MOUNTING.
- Set your device in place and trace perimeter of Monster Studs base plates to clearly mark the areas where Monster Studs will be installed.
- Remove device from area if possible, if not, tip or slide it out of the way.
- Using a scraper, sander and / or sand paper, or BEST: use a multi tool (oscillating tool) with a Fein 63502191210 carbide blade and/or Fein Sanding set 6381003010 with 80 grit to remove all paint or gelcoat within the base plate perimeters. (See Install Videos)
- Sand enough to expose bare fiberglass or wood within the base plate perimeters. Leave a rough finish with 80 grit sandpaper.
- Wipe up all dust with a wet rag.
- Wipe down entire area and bottom of Monster Studs base plates with a wet rag or Xylene.
*** DO NOT USE ***
Alcohol, mineral spirits
or alcohol based products!
*** Alcohol will stop the curing process!! ***
- Apply 3M 5200 to mounting surface or bottom of Monster Studs.
Follow all 3M 5200 instructions for application of adhesive.
- Position device in place and press down until adhesive oozes out the sides and through the holes in the base plates.
- Using a scraper/putty knife and/or your fingers, wipe any excess adhesive into any old screw holes or over any damaged areas on the mounting surface not covered by Monster Studs.
- Final Clean up with Xylene.
- Allow full 24 hours for 5200 to completely cure.
- Mix J-B Weld MarineWeld fast set epoxy as per the instructions on the package. Follow all instructions for application of this adhesive.
- Apply to Monster Studs BASE PLATES. Remember: STANDARD NUTS should be used during this install.
- Wait approximately 4 minutes prior to pressing device or Monster Studs into place, just before epoxy starts to set up. Full set up is around 5 minutes, as per the instructions on the MarineWeld package.
- Position device or Monster Stud into place and press against vertical mounting surface until epoxy oozes out the sides and through the holes in the Monster Studs base plates.
- HOLD IN PLACE for 3-5 minutes or as long as it takes for the epoxy to harden, this will vary based on temperature & humidity. OR, once the epoxy sets up, you can remove the device from Monster Studs and leave Monster Studs in place over night - the epoxy will support Monster Studs by themselves if it has set up and before it is fully cured, but it may or may not support the weight of the device until it's fully cured. NOTE: This is why STANDARD NUTS are used for the VERTICAL MOUNTING process, they can be removed quickly and easily so your device can be removed until epoxy fully cures and without effecting the placement of Monster Studs.
- Using a scraper or putty knife wipe any excess epoxy into any old screw holes or onto any damaged areas on the mounting surface not covered by Monster Studs.
- Final Clean up with Xylene.
- After 1-2 hours epoxy will be fully cured.
- Mount and attach your device permanently using the NYLOCK NUTS.
Can I cut the studs down?
Depending on your application, and if desired, the threaded stud may be cut to length using a cut off wheel or a metal hack saw. Please make sure that the STANDARD NUT is threaded all the way onto the stud PRIOR to cutting. DO NOT USE THE NYLOCK NUT FOR THIS! After cutting, slowly spin the nut up and down the stud being careful to keep the nut on the stud so that any damaged threads will be corrected by the STANDARD NUT. Once you have ensured the threads are intact and the nut spins freely at the cut, you may slowly spin the nut off and proceed.
Also note that LEAVING THE STUDS IN TACT may aid in the removal and reinstallation of your device should it ever need to be un-mounted. Think it through before you decide to cut!
Thanks for using Monster Studs, the World's Best & Most Versatile Adhesive Marine Fastener!